Tuesday, March 10, 2009

spring break, aka my birthweek

i love when my birthday is. march 17th always has fantastic weather, always! and people have always worn my favorite color in honor of my birthday(or so i thought as a kid). and my birthday is always during spring break. as a child, i was kinda bummed that i never got to take cupcakes to school for my birthday, when i should have noticed that i never had to get up and go to school on my birthday!
so this year, my little family is taking off to san diego. with half of the valley, i know. but this is the first time any of us will be going to legoland. and my kid will freak out, i'm sure. he loves legos. seriously, spends hours a day involved in legos. i make him go play outside to break up the lego time. so, when he sees a land made of legos, well, i can't wait to see it. we are also going to sea world, which i love. it's an amusement park with some education, and only a few rides, nothing to major. an easy fun day.
we are driving. the classic family road trip. thank goodness it's only 5ish hours. i don't do well after about 6 in a car. i'm sure the weather will be lovely, but i kinda wonder, why leave az during one of the best weather weeks of the year?
toby and i made a countdown poster, which is now down to 5 days! the countdown remains exciting to him, but is starting to remind me i need to start planning and packing.
updates and pictures to follow..............

No comments: