Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer 2010- part 1

we laughed, went to prescott, and took plenty of pictures.







little naked baby! we snapped this quick in between diapers- no peeing on the nice white sheets!
apparently, toby and i were pretty tired on the way home from prescott!

way back in september, i (actually toby) lost my tiffany charm bracelet. i was certain, after 8 months, that it had been thrown out with moving boxes. then, one morning, i woke up thinking about it. and i thought, well, we didn't look way under the bed. maybe glinka dragged it under there. i'll look later. went about my day. decided a couple hours later to look under the bed. pulled the sofa away from the foot of my bed, and suddenly thought, i might as well look in here one more time, too. i had searched this sofa in my room probably 12 times before, but, i felt deep into where the back meets the bottom. ouch! stuck myself with a thumbtack. then, i felt it. it was there. i pulled it out in disbelief. it was interesting to me to later think back to how difficult the last 8 months had been, the whole time my bracelet was missing. we hadn't made any money in a long time, and we had tightened the purse strings through christmas, and valentine's day, and my 35th birthday. all holidays when a new charm might have been the gift of choice. now, we were in better shape financially, and God told me where to find my bracelet. i'm not saying He wants me to have a fancy bracelet, but He knew it would be easier for me to not have it, than to be reminded that we couldn't have anything nice for this season.....
so, once it was found, matthew immediately said we would get a charm to celebrate our 12th anniversary. i have a charm from our 10th, so i opted for the clover with 35 engraved on it in honor of my birthday that had just passed. it's so fun opening this pretty package.....


miller had nothing to do with this part of the post, he's just cute in the tub!

No comments: