Monday, December 15, 2008

the gym

i've been working out. a lot. i started slowly, a couple treadmill sessions a week. then, i got a trainer, upped my sessions to 4 per week. then, said trainer tells me to come twice a day in order to "really get this off". awesome. it's december, which, for musicians, is like april for tax people. insanely busy. and who would get excited about going to the gym twice a day?!?
i came up with a compromise, in that i could do 3 times over 2 days. here is the resulting schedule:

sunday, late at night, cardio
monday, noon, weight training and mini elliptical session
tuesday, early morning, zumba dance class
tuesday, late at night, cardio
wednesday, noon, weight training and mini elliptical session
thursday, early morning, cardio
thursday, late at night, cardio
friday, noon, weight training and mini elliptical session
saturday, no gym, but activity, like hiking, or tennis, etc.


count 'em. that's nine workouts a week. i figure i can keep this up til my birthday. give it a good solid push, and see what happens. of course, now that i've put it out in the cyber-universe, i'll really have to keep it up.

but today, i got the best surprise, a big smile to end my time. santa came to join me on the elliptical machine right next to me!!!! he usually tries to keep a low profile this time of year, but allowed me to snap a quick photo. not the best quality, but, heck, it's santa! at the gym!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Haha, that's awesome! Did you tell him what you wanted for Christmas, you're obviously being a good girl, 2 workouts a day, you're a machine!!!!

I'm still using the "I'm not quite ready" excuse and haven't exercised since giving birth. Everything on my hurts though, I really need to start yoga up again.